Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 TBR Challenge: Jenn's List

Just under the wire, it's time to put my 2013 TBR List together.  I'm so glad that Adam (Roof Beam Reader) is hosting this again, because it really is a fabulous chance to allow yourself to read some things to which you just haven't been able to get. I'm excited that all three of us are doing it this year.  It should be fun.

The goal is to read 12 books from my "to be read" pile that have been sitting there for over a year, within 12 months: The 2013 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge.

The details: Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2012 or later (any book published in the year 2011 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.

So here goes...


Jenn's Twelve Selected Reads (Alphabetical by Author):
  1. Dark Secrets 1: Legacy of Lies and Don't Tell by Elizabeth Chandler  -- Reviewed 4/25/13
  2. Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz -- Reviewed 5/20/13 
  3. Hush, Hush by Becca Fiztpatrick
  4. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl -- Reviewed 2/8/13
  5. Russell Wiley Is Out to Lunch by Richard Hine
  6. Summer of Shambles (Ondine) by Ebony McKenna
  7. Perfect on Paper: The (Mis)Adventures of Waverly Bryson  by Maria Murmane
  8. The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver
  9. Witch & Wizard by James Patterson
  10. Magyk by Angie Sage  -- Reviewed 7/9/13
  11. The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel  by Michael Scott -- Reviewed 3/19/13
  12. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Two Alternate Reads
  1. Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
  2. My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

I'll update this post with my reviews as I go and add the challenge as a label to each post.

Here are links to Alice's & Julie's lists too.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad to see you are putting Perfect on Paper on this list!!

Roof Beam Reader said...

I love the cover for Hush, Hush - it always makes me want to read it, even though it's not really my type of book. I've also got The Alchemyst on my list! I own the first 2 books in that series, so I'm hoping to read them both in 2013. I think The Alchemyst is going to be my first read for the challenge, actually (I'm going to start it on New Year's Day!). I want to kick off the new year / challenge with something fun and entertaining. Last year I started with Gone With the Wind, which was awesome, but yeah - thought I'd switch things up a bit this time. I've also had my eye on Witch & Wizard for a long time - haven't ever read anything by James Patterson.

Good luck!!