Saturday, December 15, 2012

2013 TBR Challenge: Julie's List

PhotobucketThis will be my one of 4 reading challenges for 2013 and is perfe ct for me to make another serious dent in my pile! I have to thank Adam at Roof Beam Reader  for dreaming up this challenge that makes me  finally read 12 books from your "to be read" pile, within 12 months:  The 2013 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge.

The details:
Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2012 or later (any book published in the year 2011 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.

Julie's Twelve Selected Reads (in Random Order*) :

1. Second Glance: A Novel by Jodi Picoult
2. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
3. The Winds of War by Herman Woulk
4. Eight Days to Live: An Eve Duncan Forensics Thriller by Iris Johansen Reviewed on February 12, 2013
5. True Colors by Kristin Hannah
6. Receive Me Falling by Erika Robuck
7. The First Husbandby Laura Dave Reviewed on August 7, 2013
8. Open House by Elizabeth Berg
9. Virals by Kathy Reichs
10. Saving June by Hannah Harrington
11. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
12. Outlander by Diane Galbadon

Alternates:
1.  The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli
2.  The Stuff That Never Happened: A Novel by Maddie Dawson

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Staci said...

So many great books on your list. I'm tempted to join this challenge but not sure if I want to do challenges for 2013 yet. Good luck and have fun!

Roof Beam Reader said...

I'm so glad you're joining us again this year!

The only one on this list that I've read is Gone With the Wind (I read it this year for the 2012 TBR Pile Challenge!) and it is so, so good. I've heard good things about The Lotus Eaters, too, but I know nothing about the rest of these. Looking forward to your thoughts/reviews! Good luck!