Thursday, December 27, 2012

2013 TBR Challenge: Alice's List

There are two things I am pretty horrible at.  The first is tackling my TBR pile, which is constantly overflowing.  The second is completing a reading challenge.  Hopefully this year will be the one I conquer these two things by participating in Adam's (Roof Beam Reader) challenge.  It's a pretty great challenge actually.  The goal is to read 12 books from my "to be read" pile, within 12 months:  The 2013 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge.

The details:  Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2012 or later (any book published in the year 2011 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.

Alice's Twelve Selected Reads (in Random Order*) :

1.  All You Desire by Kristen Miller
2.  Eden Close by Anita Shreve
3.  Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
4.  In Search of Rose Notes by Emily Arsenault
5.  Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer
6.  The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
7.  The Idiot Girl & the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro
8.  The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney by Suzanne harper
9.  Untouchable by Scott O'Conner
10.  The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean
11.  The Spinster Sisters by Stacey Ballis
12.  The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman

Alternates:
1.  The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
2.  The Writing Circle by Corinne Demas

Cross your fingers and happy reading to those participating too!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so happy you are joining this challenge! It's a good one!

Roof Beam Reader said...

I still can't believe that I haven't read The Book Thief. Someone sent it to me as a gift when they heard I hadn't read it - and still it sits there. I don't know why I won't just pick it up! Maybe because everyone raves about it? The only other on this list that I've heard about is Her Fearful Symmetry. I've never read anything by Niffenegger, but I hear good things. Glad you ladies are with us in 2013 - best of luck to ya!