Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Movie News: One for the Money

Photobucket Ta-da! The new movie poster of Katherine Heigel as Stephanie Plum is out for the movie adaptation of Janet Evanovich's One for the Money. I always thought Stephanie to not be so svelte but of course this is Hollywood and why stick to the book?!

Now, if you follow our blog you know that we aren't too excited for Katherine Heigel to play Stephanie Plum. And I, Julie, typically like her but she's not whom I pictured. I am intrigued by the rest of the cast though. I can't believe that Debbie Reynolds is playing Grandma Mazur!

According to IMDB.com it is set to be released on January 27, 2012.

I barely have time to see movies in theaters these days, so more than likely I'll wait until it's on pay-per-view.

What do you guys think? Yay, nay, or waiting to see?

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Jenn said...

It was set to come out this summer and they yanked it for January release... which is a dumping ground for 'meh'.

As a Stephanie Plum fan, who can't stand KH, I will see it ...when it's streaming on Netflix.

Michelle said...

Jenn I'd have to agree. Debbie Reynolds as Grandma??? I'm just too scared to go to the IMDB page and find out who they cast as morelli and ranger.. Katherine looks good in the poster but i'll have to wait and see.. Wonder if we will get it in cinema in OZ or straight to VID. I always thought a TV series would suit this book range so much better than a movie though. I always think of it similar to V.I.P. with Pammy Anderson.. i know it was dodgy but I enjoyed it for the fluff it was, as are these books :) ..btw.. i hope Steph chooses Morelli!!

michelle said...

whooops showing my age.. by VID i mean DVD :)

Julie said...

Or there is nothing else coming out in January so it might stand a chance. :)

I think it would have been better as a tv series with so many books in the series. I gave up on it after book 13. I just want her to choose one and end the series.

Michelle - My husband loved VIP. It definitely was cheesy. LOL

Jenn said...

Agreed, Michelle! I always thought it would make a better TV show too.

Jenna said...

The trailer looks pretty good. Jason O'Mara seems excellent and Katherine Heigl holds her own. I wasn't thrilled about the casting either, originally, but she pulls it off. Can't really tell about Daniel Sunjata AKA Ranger, and am a little worried. A weak Ranger would ruin the whole movie. I don't buy Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur for a minute; she looks much too young and pretty. I know she *is* the right age, but Grandma Mazur is supposed to look something like a soup chicken, and Debbie Reynolds is still beautiful.

Course, it's just my 0.02...