Sunday, December 29, 2013

Children's Corner: When I Grow Up



Is that by Weird Al?  Why, yes, it is a children's book by Al Yankovic.  And it's super cute.  

This was a library find that became a permanent addition in our house.  Billy is excited about sharing what he is going to be when he grows up... but he has so many ideas how can he choose just one?  When the teacher presses him to select one career, he pushes back.  He's a kid, how can he choose yet?  He has a whole lifetime ahead of him ...maybe he can do it all!

I love it because it helps kids to see the possibilities of what's out there.  Kidlet's idea of what to be changes daily... from a princess-doctor-sword-fighter to a rock star.  And that's awesome.  I also love it because it reminds me of me as a child.  I was the kid in class who never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up... as a matter a fact I still don't.


Share/BookmarkGoogle+

No comments: