Monday, December 30, 2013

Alice's 2013 Books in Review

This is the second year in a row I participated in reading challenges.  What is not surprising is that I failed miserably, as usual.  I didn’t even finish my measly goal of reading 44 books for 2013.  The other two challenges were the TBR and List Swap Challenge with Julie. 

My Goodreads Challenge Books: 44 Books
Books Read:  43 (Nooooo!  Just shy of my goal!)

Some of these are the best books I read, some are the books I loved the most or made me fall in love with an author again.  There are a lot of Chick-Lit books on my list.  2013 was the year of the feel good novel.  Not all the books are 5 star books.  There are a few 4 star novels that made me squirm with excitement thinking them and make me want to read them again.  So here goes…

My Favorite Novels:
The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman:  Oh, how I love you, Alice Hoffman, When I die, I want to come back as one of your characters.

The Lost Husband by Katherine Center:  A sexy farmhand and goats.  Come on, what more do you need?
 
He’s Gone by Deb Caletti:  Hands down the best novel I read this year.  I seriously need to go out and read all her novels.

Hot Shot by Julie Garwood:  Ms. Garwood captured her contemporary romance magic once again with this one.  Payton + Finn =  Dreamy

The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell:  Loved, loved, LOVED this book.  Rose Baker was such a great character.

The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls:  So happy she captured the magic of The Glass Castle with this one.  Bean was one of my favorite characters of this year.

The Chris Farley Show by Tom Farley Jr.:  I feel in love with Chris Farley all over again.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn:  This is novel I recommend to everyone.  So twisted, soooo good.

Honorable Mentions:
I’ll Take What She Has by Samantha Wilde:  This novel brought back my love of Chick-Lit. It was full of  warm and fuzzy awesomeness.

The Song Remains the Same by Allison Winn Scotch:  High five to Julie for adding this one to our List Swap Challenge.  I can’t believe it took me this long to read Allison Winn Scotch.  Great author, great novel.

Thanks for taking the time to read my 2013 favorites.  This is my first time participating in a year-end review post, so feedback is welcomed and appreciated.  Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

Share/BookmarkGoogle+

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am looking forward to The Story Sisters and He's Gone in 2014.

Anonymous said...

Since I have Story Sisters on my shelf I'm adding it to my must read stack for 2014!