Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jenn's Review: The Last Olympian

Summary:  All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time. In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

Review:   I couldn't stop thinking about Percy Jackson, so once again I was sucked back into the series... And now I'm sad that it's done. Luckily, I still have his other series to read, Heroes of Olympus and the Kane Chronicles.

The Last Olympian is the pinnacle of the series and it is fabulous. It's a final battle as I could never have imagined. Who is not what they seem? Everyone has an agenda, and it maynot align with Percy's attempt to save the world. What friendships will stay the course? Or will Percy himself make a decision that destroys it all? There was plenty of twisty goodness to the plot so that you never knew where things were headed next.

I love the way Percy finally took charge and became a leader. He took risks and made hard decisions. I love that Mr. Riordan took the time to tie up all the loose ends. It would have been easy to just resolve the major storylines and let everything else be left to the readers imagination, but Mr. Riordan makes sure he completes all aspects of the story.

It's wonderful to see how everyone has grown and how much they have learned, gods and demi-gods alike. I look forward to adding more Rick Riordan to my TBR pile. I know I won't be able to stay away too long.

Final Take: 5/5

Share/Bookmark

No comments: