Sunday, March 25, 2012

Children's Corner: Here Comes the Big, Mean Dust Bunny

Every time we go too the library my daughter requests a 'spooky book.'  This is harder than it sounds, because, unless it's a Halloween book, there aren't a ton of macabre children's picture books. (My child ended up with my husband's and my dark sense of humor.  Go figure.)  So in my search for 'scary' last time, I came up with this, Here Comes the Big, Mean Dust Bunny.

It's funny, full of rhyming dust bunnies, and deals with bullying on a basic level.  What could be better?  It gives us a good case of the giggles every time we read it, and of course the big mean dust bunny learns his lesson in the end when the rhyming dust bunnies come to his rescue.  The illustrations are simple and colorful.  It's cute, it's short, and it fits the bill for my daughter's sense of humor.  We will be checking out the other Dust Bunny Books when we return to the library.

In the mean time, anyone have any suggestions for 'spooky' picture books???

Share/Bookmark

No comments: