Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Word about Pushing Daisies

Now this show is not based on a book in any way, shape, or form, however, I wanted to profile it. I haven’t previewed this show or anything like that, but I am hearing wonderful things about it. In addition, the creator, Bryan Fuller, a former writer for Heroes, is the same one who brought us the brilliantly quirky shows Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me (RIP). Neither of these shows lasted as long as they should have, and I want to do my part to try to make sure that Pushing Daisies doesn’t suffer the same fate.

About Pushing Daisies
Pushing Daisies is a "forensic fairy tale" that focuses on Ned (Lee Pace), a piemaker with a mysterious ability to make the dead live again. The gift is not without its complications, however: if he touches this being a second time, they'll be dead permanently. If they live for more than 60 seconds, somebody else nearby will die. (Quote: "It's a random proximity thing"). It's a gift that he puts in good use to help a private investigator friend, Emerson Cod and his childhood sweetheart, the once-dead Charlotte "Chuck" Charles.
Source: Wikipedia

Chicago Sun-Times says:

"The premiere is lovely in scope, ambition, casting, acting, narrative, writing and direction."
I say: "That's not to be argued with!"

Pushing Daisies premieres tomorrow night at 8:00 pm EST on ABC.

Let's all watch this show! I mean, the first episode is the Pie-lette. Not Pilot. Get it? How cute is that?!

And while you're at it, how about some Money at 10:00 pm - some DirtySexyMoney that is. This show is just so much fun. If you haven't wacthed it yet, check it out!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Can not wait for this show to premiere! I'm seriously hoping that it lives up to the hype.

I found Wonderfall via Jenn after it had been cancelled and loved the quirkiness of it. It was endearing.

I do think the creator has a facination with death though. :)