Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Literature Nobel Awarded to Writer Doris Lessing

This post is a little late, but I felt the need to give the nod to this years Nobel Literature Award winner, Doris Lessing (NPR article).

Looks like I'll be bumping The Golden Notebook up closer to the top of my list of books to read this year.

--Though I can never hear/read Doris Lessing's name without thinking of the author song from that ingenious 90's band, Moxy Fruvous. Anyone else have that problem?!?

[silence... crickets... more silence...]

Yeah, didn't think so...

3 comments:

tinylittlelibrarian said...

No, I have it too!!! "Spilt some dressing on Doris Lessing, these writer types are a scream!" I thought it was just me!

Did you see the clip of her saying "Oh crap!" when they told her she'd won?

tinylittlelibrarian said...

I stand corrected, I just read that she said "Christ!" That actually makes more sense.

Jenn said...

LOL, No I missed that.

Glad to read that I'm not the only Moxy fan still out there. :D "We'll be together for ages, eating and sleeping and... turning pages."