Sunday, November 11, 2012

Children's Corner: BOB Books

Review: Today I just want to highlight an amazing tool for kids who are learning their sight words and then moving on to reading: BOB Books by Scholastic. We discovered these when my daughter started pre-school and haven't looked by since. She will still bring them out on occasion just to practice, even though she's definitely past them in level.

Now my son has inherited them from his sister and seems to really enjoy them. It started off as me reading them to him but as of last week he is reading them to me. I know he doesn't have them memorized because he definitely takes his time looking at the words. His Pre-K teacher has informed me that he and a couple of the other kids are definitely on a faster track to reading than some others. Nothing could please me more since I'm (obviously) an avid reader and it's been a little bit of a struggle with my daughter over the last year and 1/2.

I definitely think that these great sets have a place on your bookshelf.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Kidlet runs hot and cold on these...