Thursday, November 17, 2011

Julie's 2012 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge List

Photobucket This will be my one of 4 reading challenges for the 2012 and is perfect for me to make another serious dent in my pile! I have to thank Adam at Roof Beam Reader  for dreaming up this challenge that makes me  finally read 12 books from your "to be read" pile, within 12 months:  The 2012 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge.

The details:
Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2011 or later (any book published in the year 2010 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile. 2.  You must write an original review/response (it doesn’t have to be anything fancy) for each book, to help us ensure you are actually completing the books you say you are.

Julie's Twelve Selected Reads (in Random Order*) :

1. Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
2. Look Again by Lisa Scottoline  Reviewed on 2/16/2012
3. The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard Reviewed on 3/14/2012
4. My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster Reviewed on 4/9/2012
5. The Lotus Eaters by Tatyana Soli
6. The Stuff That Never Happened by Maddie Dawson
7. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel DNF
8. Innocent by Scott Turow
9. Petty Magic by Camille DeAngelis
10. A Friend of the Family by Laura Grodstein Reviewed on 3/9/2012
11. Eight Days to Live by Iris Johansen
12. True Colors by Kristin Hannah
  
Two Alternate Reads:

1. The Lost Hours by Karen White Reviewed on 7/25/2012
2. Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian Reviewed on 12/11/2012

I'm excited because a lot of these books have been sitting around for a year or longer, not for lack of wanting to read them but lack of time!

I'll be updating this post with my reviews and also labeling any reviews that are related to this challenge as such.

Care to join me on the quest? Here's the link to sign up:

The 2012 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge.  But HURRY!  You need to have your list posted be 12/31, so start compiling... 



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Roof Beam Reader said...

Woo hoo! Glad you're joining again. Petty Magic and The Lotus Flower sound good - I really haven't heard of most of these, though. Guess I'll have to check-in on your reviews, as I always do!

(Don't forget to link-up)

Roof Beam Reader said...

Looking good!

Wolf Hall was recently named one of the best historical fiction novels of all time... so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on that (I've added it to my wish list, because of its recognition/reputation, but it's not really something I would normally read).