Sunday, June 26, 2011

Children's Corner: On the Moon

On the Moon Review: As we have been on a quest for books for my 3 year old son, this one was picked out by my husband at a Usborne booth at a car show. Since then, I have read it every night to the little guy.

I've never really been into the planets, stars, space travel but I love to give my kids knowledge on a bunch of subjects and he seems to really dig it. I love the feel of the book cover; it's squishy. The illustrations are great and perfect for a kid his age.

My daughter also likes it because she can read most of the pages to her brother with a bit of assistance from mom on the big words.

The illustrations are perfect for the target audience and I will admit I didn't know they were real NASA pictures with illustrations over them. Now, I see it.

If you are looking for a good entry level book about space travel, then look no further than On the Moon.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I know it has nothing to do with the content, but I love squishy covers too.

Will have to check this one out for kidlet