Saturday, September 5, 2009

Book Alert: New Jodi Picoult Book

Photobucket Ok, I know I always jump the gun with her books but I just can't resist. At this time there is no art work or but the title, House Rules and description definitely means that I will be reading it.

Synopsis: HOUSE RULES is about Jacob Hunt, a teenage boy with Asperger’s Syndrome. He’s hopeless at reading social cues or expressing himself well to others, and like many kids with AS, Jacob has a special focus on one subject – in his case, forensic analysis. He’s always showing up at crime scenes, thanks to the police scanner he keeps in his room, and telling the cops what they need to do…and he’s usually right. But then one day his tutor is found dead, and the police come to question him. All of the hallmark behaviors of Asperger’s – not looking someone in the eye, stimulatory tics and twitches, inappropriate affect – can look a heck of a lot like guilt to law enforcement personnel -- and suddenly, Jacob finds himself accused of murder. HOUSE RULES looks at what it means to be different in our society, how autism affects a family, and how our legal system works well for people who communicate a certain way – but lousy for those who don’t. ~jodipicoult.com

As always, she takes a very relevant social topic and puts an interesting spin on it. It's already on my wish list. As the book art becomes available, I'll keep you guys updated.

The book is set to be released on March 2, 2010.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oooh!! Thank you for posting this! I was only mildly interested in the topic of her last book and it still sits on my shelf unread. However, this one sounds incredibly interesting to me!! It'll be on my radar now.