Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Author Events: 4 Awesome Authors on One Hot Night


This post is so long overdue (almost 2 months) but I want to add it any way because I love these ladies so much. Well as much as any one can truly love an author.

Back in July my sister and I went to a middle school near us to see Jennifer Weiner, Jen Lancaster, Stacy Ballis and Sarah Pekkanen speak. I've seen Jennifer and Jen a few times but was truly excited to see Sarah because I adore her books. I will admit that I haven't read Stacy's books yet, but they are on my TBR list.

The school that hosted the event didn't have air conditioning so the ladies didn't spend a lot of time talking about their books because they wanted to get to the most important part: book signing and fan meet/greet.

Authors to me are like rock stars, I am in awe of them. All four of them were so kind and thoughtful. They all talked to their fans like they were long lost friends. Which, let us be honest, we all kind of wish we were.

All four authors were extremely personable and Jennifer Weiner even knew me by my twitter handle and the conversation we had on there months prior. I was pretty excited and my sister just chuckled.
I got the big hug that Sarah promised me. If you haven't read any of these authors then I highly encourage you to pick their books up.

I appreciate my sister for going to these events with me as she often acts as my "assistant" by carrying all the books I want signed and taking the pictures.

Also even though they weren't featured, I was also able to meet the wonderful Eleanor Brown, author of The Weird Sisters and see Kelly O'Connor-McNees, author of the superb The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott and the upcoming In Need of a Good Wife.

Here are the pictures I took of the event:



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool to be recognized!! And what a great event! Autjors should be treated like rock stars.