Friday, August 17, 2007

Why Blog?

I am not sure of the answer to that question really, though it seems these days every one has a blog. So I suppose the answer here is "Why not blog"?

I am a big reader and I just love books. I frequently spend half my paycheck in Barnes and Noble. I've got 45 unread books on my bookshelf and the insatiable desire to keep adding to it. I am, however, a simple reader, I read for entertainment and I get immense joy from immersing myself in a different world for several moments a day. You will find a lot of chick-lit and contemporary fiction on my bookshelf, but I will pick up a classic when compelled, which I have to admit is much rarer than I would like.

Ultimately, I am on a quest to find well written books by African-American authors, so that will be a focus of many of my posts as I plan to have every other book I read, be something written by one such author.

I am lucky to have a great friend (Julie) who enjoys reading as much as I do and she's kind enough to join me in this little blogging experiment. I will let her introduce herself and her purpose whenever she gets around to it.

Alright then... Let's get on with it, shall we?

1 comment:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.