Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm new here.

I must admit, I'm not a blogger. I don't read blogs (okay, maybe Michael Ausiello's... but he's Ausiello!) because I don't tend to seek opinions of others outside my close knit circle of friends and family. So why am I here, you ask? Well, I read incessantly and I think it's a great idea to have a forum to discuss books - so you're stuck with me.

Well, seeing as I'm here to stay, what will I bring to the site? Unlike my fellow Girls Just Reading, I don't read chick-lit very often. I tend to read crime novels and young adult literature. Young Adult Literature?!? [gasp] Yes. I find that there is often a lot more creativity here than in the world of adult fiction, with a lot less grasping for my attention. I also read a few non-fiction books, usually historical in nature, and every once in a while, a fictional classic for good measure.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jenn,

Thanks for bringing us a different point of view.

Julie said...

Thanks for coming and deciding to contribute. You always have such a good insight on things!!