Thursday, July 28, 2022

Julie's Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty Series



To be fair, I read these 3 after I binged the Amazon Prime series, so I had the actors in mind when I read the series. I actually didn't mind the changes to the first book since I watched first and then read. I felt the debutante ball was the perfect plot point to move things along. I really did vacillate on Team Jere or Team Conrad because at times they both drove me nuts. I'm also not a teen girl and saw red flags with both. I loved the cast of supporting characters and according to my daughter I'm a Laurel. LOL At first, I was like what but I'm definitely not chill like Susannah; that would be my friend. 

I flew through these book over the course of 36 hours and that included a baseball tournament. They are fun reads that has you reflecting on your own teen angst. I liked Belly but of course as any teen girl, she got on my nerves. I did think Jenny Han did a great job of having her grow up and in the end follow her heart. 

I can't wait for the 2nd season to come out but I have a feeling it'll be Summer 2023 before we get it. I hope they are filming the books back to back, even if they hold the 3rd season to Summer 2024. 

No comments: