Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday Skim



In the vain of trying something new here on the blog, I thought I might start with some Sunday posts summarizing what I've read, what I plan to start and upcoming books I'm looking forward to.

Week of 3/18/2019:


Finished:





Woman 99 was an interesting look at how woman were often put into asylums not because they were crazy but because they weren't following societal norms. It's also about love and loyalty. In the Garden of Beasts was a fascinating look at the rise of Hitler and the Nazi's through the US Ambassador's personal letters and diaries. I know hindsight is 20/20 but there were so many things that could have been done to stop him.  The Proposal was a fun, light read that was perfect for sitting at the pool with my kids. That's not to say that it didn't touch on some good subject matters though.

Currently Reading:



Looking Forward To:






It is a very rare day where I can start and finish a book in less than 12 hours. Due to us spending the day on Friday at the water park, I was able to do that. I savored every single moment because it won't happen again for a long time. When was the last time you started and finished a book in the same day?

Share/BookmarkGoogle+

No comments: