Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA Introductions

Design by Amber of Shelf Notes
Girls Just Reading is a shared blog by four book lovers, Lisa (our founder), Julie, Alice, and me, Jenn.  Oddly enough we're all internet friends. We met on a fan site for one of our favorite TV shows of all times, ALIAS. We kept in touch when the show closed and ended up here.  

Sharing a blog helps keep things flowing around here. None of us has time to run a blog on her own, but together we maintain an active blog.  Each of us read different genres and we also split the responsibilities of blog maintenance.   I think it's a formula that works well as we've been on the blogging scene for seven years now. 

If you've participated in Armchair BEA before, you've probably visited our blog before, so I thought I'd select a few of the more unusual questions to answer this time around.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why? 

I would totally cheat and bring my Nook. To this day it floors me that I can carry over 600 books around with me in my purse. 

But if I had to pick three, it would be novels by Sarah Addison Allen, Heather Blake, Cassandra Clare, Meg Gardiner, and Ally Carter. They are all authors whose work I cannot do without. Ok, that's five authors and I can't even narrow it down to which of their books I pick, so can I please just bring my Nook?

As for non-literary items, it'd have to be my daughter, hubby...and coffee.  Girls gotta have her priorities. 

What book would you love to see as a movie?

I think Ally Carter's Heist Society would be fabulous on the big screen, as long as they could do it justice.  I love a good con, and Ally Carter writes amazing ones. Plus, it'd be refreshing change to the current dystopian trend in teen movies. 

~~~

We won't be able to post every day this week, but we love Armchair BEA and we're glad you stopped by and we hope you visit us again soon. 


Twitter:

Julie

Don't forget to visit the other blogs participating in Armchair BEA this week

12 comments:

Somewhere Only We Know said...

Haha...this sounds like me. I can't stick to any given number. Define your blog in one sentence was never going to work for me. :) HA! It doesn't matter what the given number is, I can't stick to it.

Intro & Lit
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books! said...

Hahaha I definitely agree with you about bringing the ereader with you to the deserted island. I'd bring my Kindle so I'd be endlessly entertained. Who needs 3 books when you can have 300?

I've always been interested in the Heist Society series. Guess I'll have to raise that one on my massive TBR list :)

Great post and nice to meet you! Hope you continue to have fun this week!

All the best ♥︎
Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

Danni Mae said...

Wow, this is the first multiblogger site I've seen from the BEA participants. We're a multiblogger site too; I think they're great because they offer constant updates and fresh opinions. Are your other ladies attending Armchair BEA?

Kristina said...

Think Heist Society would be a great tv show.

Kristen said...

You're the second blog I've visited today that suggest Heist Society as a movie - I would totally love that!

Also, I love the show Alias - I've been meaning to rewatch it (maybe this summer) as it's awesome.

To play devil's advocate - how would you charge your Nook on a deserted island?

Jenn said...

It will be just me doing the blogging part of Armchair BEA this week. I didn't do much reading last year so I'm picking up my slack so to speak. That's the nice thing about sharing a blog, we can help each other out.

As for the deserted island power problem, hubby and I would make a solar powered generator. Obviously. LOL

ahz1 said...

Alias was one of my favorite shows. That's so cool that you all met based on your love for that show.

AH@badassbookreviews

Holly Schindler said...

Visiting your blog via ABEA; my YA mystery / thriller, FERAL, will release in August with HarperTeen.

Cici said...

I'd have to cheat and bring my Nook as well! I hope you all have a great time during ABEA14! :)

fredamans said...

Nice to meet you, if we haven't already previously...

Anonymous said...

I love having co-bloggers. We just recently combined efforts and now are a team of three.
-Flirting with Fiction

Amber said...

This is my first time visiting your blog! Nice to tweet you.