Sunday, February 24, 2013

Children's Corner: Little Kids First Big Book of Space

Review:  Both of my kids recently studied our solar system at the same time and of course to coincide there happened to be a Scholastic Book Fair at both schools. Well, my son's school was first so they got the majority of our money for books and this was one that he immediately wanted. It seems that my son has taken a shining to learning about our solar system.

National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books) is a wonderful first book of space. It is easy for them to hold, loaded with wonderful information about the solar system, planets and beyond. The pictures and/or illustrations are bright and colorful.

We can either look at it together before bed or he likes to look through it by himself. We go over fun facts and he asks me something different every time it is pulled off of his bookshelf. Even my 7 year old likes to look at it from time to time, which is nice because they can read it together.

This book is definitely something that can grow with my son as he goes into Kindergarten. I hope that this books keeps his interest in space alive for a long time. I even find myself learning new things as we read it together.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judging from the colors on the cover I bet Gage would like this one too - even if he can't understand it yet!