Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jenn's Review: A Bloody Storm

Summary:  Derrick Storm is back--this time with a crack team of ghost CIA operatives. These former agents have all faked their own deaths and now work for the CIA on a strictly secret basis, taking on dangerous and illegal jobs the agency may not officially carry out. They're headed to the Molguzar Mountains to look for sixty billion dollars' worth of gold hidden by the KGB before the collapse of the Soviet Union, and taking a perilous detour to rescue FBI agent April Showers from a sociopathic torturer. But Storm's loyalties are put to the test as the mission begins to unravel into a bloody mountaintop showdown, and he and Showers must find out the hard way that their assignment may not be what they thought it was... ~blurb

Review:  This is the third and last installment of short story for the Derrick Storm releases.  I enjoyed it just about as much as the first two, but I will say it was a little obvious why Storm was sent on the mission, and who was behind everything, still there were a few small surprises.  (I loved the chase scene and Showers' final weapon, even though the easy banter during it seemed completely unrealistic -and very Castle.)  Did I think Jones went to far?  Yes, but I understand why he made the call that he did.

This fall we will be awarded 'Richard Castle's' second Storm book in graphic novel form, Storm Season.  I don't know how much further ABC plans to take Derrick Storm, but I'm enjoying what they are giving.  I will be reading the full length, Nikki Heat novel, Heat Rises, soon because I miss Castle.  (I know Frozen Heat will be out in September, but I always save the books for the summer when the show's hiatus is difficult for this die-hard fangirl.)  I don't often praise ABC, but I love what they're doing with this franchise.

Final Take:  4/5
 Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Jenn said...

...It almost makes up for the ALIAS fiasco. Almost.