Sunday, August 19, 2012

Children's Corner: You Think It's Easy Being the Tooth Fairy

Review: This was a spur of the moment purchase at a book fair at my daughter's school a few months back and I can't say that I regret the purchase. This is one great book about the Tooth Fairy. It's probably my favorite book about the tooth fairy that we've read. Too be honest, I don't remember there being a lot of books about her growing up, maybe she's a phenomenon these days.

She's a Tooth Fairy for the girls who maybe don't like to think that the tooth fairy is like a princess. She's strong, she's smart and she's got spunk. I actually find myself chuckling through the book. She also explains to the kids where they need to place their teeth when they lose them. My daughter proceeded to tell me that the next time she loses her tooth we need to follow these directions. I'm all for it, because it means she still believes and I know that since she's entering 2nd grade, those days are limited.

 The illustrations are cute, without seeming too young for my daughter. They definitely capture the essence of the story and make the tooth fairy seem real.

I definitely recommend You Think It's Easy Being the Tooth Fairy? for kids who are just starting to lose their teeth or perhaps they've lost a few already. I can guarantee your kids will get something out of it.

 Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Hey! Thanks for buying, reading, and reviewing my tooth fairy book! I'm glad you liked it. I'd love to hear how the "follow-the-instructions" goes. ;-)

Sheri