Monday, December 12, 2011

Jenn's 2012 TBR Challenge

Photobucket OK, here is Adam at Roof Beam Reader's 2012 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge.  I think maybe I've set myself up to succeed this time.

The details:
Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2011 or later (any book published in the year 2010 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.  You must write an original review/response (it doesn’t have to be anything fancy) for each book, to help us ensure you are actually completing the books you say you are.

Jenn's Twelve Selected Reads (Alphabetical by Author) :
  1. Murder on the Mind by L.L. Bartlett  -  Reviewed 1/31/12
  2. Shadowspell by Jenna Black - Reviewed 10/1/12
  3. Shadowland by Meg Cabot -Reviewed 12/28/12
  4. Heist Society by Ally Carter  -Reviewed 7/19/12
  5. I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter  -  Reviewed 3/13/12
  6. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare  - Reviewed 4/18/12
  7. The Black Echo by Michael Connelly - Reviewed 4/11/12
  8. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - Reviewed 9/7/12
  9. Evermore by Alyson Nole -Reviewed 12/13/12
  10. The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan  - Reviewed 5/24/12
  11. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick  -Reviewed 4/17/12
  12. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - Reviewed 3/5/12

Two Alternate Reads
  1. Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
  2. My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

I'll update this post with my reviews as I go and add the challenge as a label to each post.

Julie is participating in this challenge too!  Here's her list. Care to join us on the quest? Here's the link to sign up:

The 2012 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge. But HURRY! You need to have your list posted be 12/31, so start compiling...

12/15 -List edited due to a few 2011 Publish Dates...
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Roof Beam Reader said...

I don't know many of these books at all - I've heard of Shiver and I've read The Battle of the Labyrinth (obviously!) and City of Bones - both were really good, so I'm sure you'll enjoy those.

Looking forward to your reviews! Good luck this year!