Thursday, October 27, 2011

Author Interview: Mitchell Maxwell

Last week I reviewed Little Did I Know by Mitchell Maxwell, this week we bring you part of an interview that Mr. Maxwell did for promotion of his debut novel.


Can you tell us something about yourself that not a lot of your readers know?

I am a tremendous optimist—I believe that you can will things to happen and when all seems at the lowest that is when you figure it out.  And I can tell my wife anything which makes me very lucky


Do you have any quirks that come out while you are writing? 

I don’t trust the dialogue so I read it out loud several times in the voices of the characters to make sure it has a special and specific cadence and so that everyone sounds different.  To make sure the characters speak in their “speak” their vocabulary and with a unique energy that makes us all individuals.


What is your daily routine as a writer?   

I think about what I am going to write throughout the day so when I sit in front of the computer the words have been pre written in my head. 



What inspired you to write your first book?

A need to revisit joy and spontaneity and lose cynicism.



If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Yes but I can only tell you after you have read the novel otherwise it will give too much away



What is your favorite part of the writing process?  

Surprise as to where my characters go how they react to situations and how they grow in ways I never imagined.  I also like to find new words to say things in a fresh fashion.


Our thanks to the publicist for providing us with the interview.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: