Sunday, July 24, 2011

Children's Corner: Freckleface Strawberry & the Dodgeball Bully

Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully: A Freckleface Strawberry Story Review: I was delighted to find out when reviewing Freckleface Strawberry that there was a 2nd book out! I ordered it immediately for my daughter. This book was just as delightful as the original and with another important message for kids.

While the first book dealt with loving yourself, this book takes on fear of trying new things. You see Freckleface Strawberry dreads going to before school care because while there are many fun things to do; there is also Dodgeball. It just looks scary to her and she hasn't even played. You see Dodgeball is ran by the Bully, Windy Pants Patrick. He has no fear when throwing that ball. He'll throw it at your head if he has to.

Unfortunately, for Freckleface Strawberry she can no longer avoid Windy Pants Patrick and his dodgeball of hurt. How will she face her fear? How will she feel afterwards? Will she prevail?

Facing our fears no matter how big or small will make kids feel better about ourselves and build their self-esteem.

Ms. Moore has found herself a second career as a children's author. I can't wait to see what else she writes.

I am thrilled that the 3rd book: Freckleface Strawberry: Best Friends Forever is coming out on September 13 and I have already pre-ordered for my daughter.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kujo said...

This is great! I'm going to order now. Thanks for the review.