Saturday, March 19, 2011

Children's Corner: Knuffle Bunny Free

Review: Oh how I love Mo Willems! I think I love Trixie, her daddy and Knuffle Bunny more. Over the past 3 and 1/2 years my 5 and 1/2 year old and I have loved reading about Trixie and Knuffle's adventures. Knuffle Bunny Free is the last book in a hugely popular trilogy. In this book, Trixie, Knuffle, Mommy and Daddy go on a trip to see her Oma and Opa in Holland.

Trixie loses Knuffle when she leaves the plane but in true Trixie style, she's so busy enjoying her time with Oma and Opa she doesn't realize he's gone until she's ready to go to bed. Oma and Opa do their best to cheer Trixie up, even buying her a new bunny to replace Knuffle. Fans of the series know that nothing will replace him though.

Miracles do happen and Knuffle is found but not before Trixie has a couple of realizations. What Trixie does in the book shows that she's becoming a big girl.

Now, when I read this book for the first time I was bawling. For parents, it's bittersweet with your child growing up and growing out of their favorite friend. My daughter couldn't understand why I was crying so much. I think I'll be saving these for her when she has a child of her own.

If you haven't discovered Knuffle Bunny, I highly suggest you do. They are smart, funny, and creatively illustrated. You and your children won't be disappointed.

A Perfect, but teary end to a fantastic series.

Final Take: 5/5

Knuffle Bunny and Knuffle Bunny Too Review

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog:)

Jenn said...

Thanks, Jules! Bawled my eyes out over this one.

Great series.