Monday, October 19, 2009

Movie News: Sweet Valley High

Photobucket Yes, I am probably dating myself but today in my EW magazine, I read Diablo Cody's column and got extremely excited. You know why? She's adapting the 80s book series Sweet Valley High. Apparently, she's already met with the creator/author Francine Pascal! Photobucket

I'm just hoping that Ms. Cody does the series justice! Plus she's a Chicago Suburbs girl and I've got to support her.

Article 1
Article 2

Which Wakefield twin did you want to be: Jessica or Elizabeth?

Am I the only geek that is excited for this?

As soon as Diablo's column is posted I'll link it here.

7 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, I can't wait for that. I just saw a bunch of them at a local used book store and I was brought back in time. I tried to explain them to my daughter but she didn't get it (she's 6)

I liked them both but wanted to be Elizabeth.

Jenn said...

I read them but wasn't a huge fan, so can't even remember which was which. I hope they do it justice, though.

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Maybe we're all geeks, but I loved that series, too. Interested to see how that turns out. I really love Diablo Cody's work so far...

Anna said...

I absolutely loved Sweet Valley High! My favorite books were the 2 historical ones, where they went back in time and covered the lives of Jessica and Elizabeth's ancestors. I wish I knew what happened to all my copies. :(

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Ashley said...

I'm trying not to get my hopes up because of how they slaughtered it on television. I'd want to be Elizabeth I think. She and Todd were perfect. All fifteen years of high school.

Julie said...

LOL about 15 years of high school. :) I wanted to be Elizabeth as well but thought playing Jessica would be more fun.