Monday, October 5, 2009

Books, Books, More Books...& a Contest II

In order to celebrate Fall/Autumn, my favorite time of year, and to clean out my "To Be Read Pile", I decided to do another contest. Can you guess when I will finish all these books? I have it broken down by month and titles I plan on reading and included pictures.

October:
* The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
* Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
* The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
* Fade Away by Harlan Coben
* Loitering with Intent by Stuart Woods
* Cleopatra’s Daughter by Michelle Moran
Photobucket


November:
* Mission Canyon by Meg Gardiner
* Stone Cold by David Baldacci
* Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
* Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
* The Maze by Catherine Coulter
* Trust No One by Gregg Hurwitz
Photobucket

December:
* Double Jeopardy (The Target/The Edge) by Catherine Coulter
* Jericho Point by Meg Gardiner
* Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz
* Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
* Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs
* Standing Still by Kelly Simmons
Photobucket


Well, I thought I would help you out though by giving you some hints on my life and my reading habits:

  • Married with 2 children under 4 and work a full time job

  • I try to read at lunch, when my job allows

  • The 4th quarter of the calendar year is typically my busiest at work

  • I'm currently reading my 40th book of 209

  • For the last contest I read 17 books in 17 weeks


  • So leave your guess/estimate for my completion date of the books pictured/listed (with the caveat that I might swithc a book for another book). Guesstimates need to be posted by Wednesday, October 14th, to be eligible. If you guess right, you will win a $50.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com

    6 comments:

    (Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

    You are a bust lady so I'm guessing you'll finish these books December 15th.

    great giveaway; i am a new follower:

    bibliophilebythesea AT gmail DOT com

    Serena said...

    I think you'll finish by Dec. 18.

    I follow in google reader...good luck

    savvyverseandwit AT gmail DOT com

    Julie said...

    Ok Serena, what is google reader?

    KR said...

    I'm guessing December 31st!

    I follow

    mj.coward[at]gmail.com

    Llehn said...

    End of January about 31.

    I follow.

    lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

    Heather said...

    I am brand new here to your blog!
    I have to say that I love your choices of books- I have read 4 of the ones you are waiting to read!

    I will have to guess sometime after the holidays are over so lets go with January 10th.


    Thanks!

    heatherstubbs AT mac DOT com