Monday, November 26, 2007

My Sister's Keeper: More Casting News

Apparently, no amount of crossing my fingers and wishing on a star can make this little girl's dreams come true. Okay - that was a bit over-dramatic, but my plea to not have Dakota Fanning be cast in the movie adaptation of "My Sister's Keeper" didn't quite reach the producer's ears.


Now, now... don't get me wrong. Ms. Fanning is quite an adorable young lady, but she is also the obvious choice and I was really hoping Nick Cassavettes and Co. would go a much different route. Besides, aren't they much younger than they characters in the books? Well Cameron Diaz is also younger than the mom in the book.
Oh well, Dakota and her sister Elle will be inhabiting Kate and Anna Fitzgerald. Read the story here.


I won't proclaim that I won't go see this movie - at least not just yet. However, if they get me Christian Bale and all may just be forgiven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I love your blog - how great to have three women involved with one reading blog. I will definitely be stopping by again!
I didn't realize that they are making My Sister's Keeper into a movie. It was my favorite Picoult novel and am anxious to see how it will play out on screen. I already know that a box of tissues will be required to enter the theater.
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Julie said...

Hi Stephanie! I'm glad you found us. There's even more casting news....Alec Baldwin is in talks to play Campbell. Interesting casting to say the least.