Friday, September 14, 2007

Book to Movie: Casting My Sister's Keeper

I'm a little slow on the uptake, which is why I only recently found out that Cameron Diaz has been cast to play the mother in the movie adaptation of Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper (a must read). Story here. My immediate reaction was "No. All wrong!" Learning that the team that brought us the fantastic tearjerker The Notebook is the same team bringing us this movie, does nothing to change my mind about this horrendous casting decision.

Let's hope that Nick Cassavettes and Co. do a better job casting the remaining characters, especially Anna (Please, please - no Dakota Fanning!)

Were it my decision, I'd probably go with Julianne Moore type. You?

1 comment:

Julie said...

As you know from my rant yesterday I think this is a wrong casting choice. I don't think she can pull off a very serious and heartwrenching performance. She's better at the silly stuff. Plus I would have liked an actress in her late 30s to early 40s for the role.

As far as Anna, I don't see Dakota Fanning in the role. For Kate, I could see Alison Lohman play her. Anna is going to be a very key role for the filming so great casting is key.