Thursday, September 20, 2007

Book to Movie: Confessions of A Shopaholic

This morning, I read on TV Guide that Isla Fisher will be the lead in Disney's adaptation of Confessions of a Shopaholic. Finally! After all this time, someone's making a movie!

So, Isla Fisher as Becky Bloomwood. Hmmm, let me see... it could work, I suppose. I've only ever seen her in "Wedding Crashers" where I found her comedic instincts dead on, but I don't feel that's enough for me to form a full opinion. Truthfully, I'd never really picked out an actress to play Becky in my mind so it doesn't bother me much. I just always assumed that if a movie was made, it would be with a British actress unknown to me. Speaking of which, Ms. Fisher is most certainly not British - though that means diddly. Renee Zellweger earned herself some kudos and a Golden Globe nomination for the Bridget Jones movies, after all. Further investigation reveals that Isla grew up in Australia and is engaged to Sasha Baron Cohen and though neither of those makes her anymore British, they both make me think she'd be able to fake it and fake it pretty darn well.

As for Luke Brandon... let's just go ahead and call up Christian Bale's people. Please and Thank You.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm just shocked they got a relatively unknown actress (non British) to play the part. My guess...she was fairly cheap. She's good in a supporting role but it'll be interesting to see if she can carry a movie.

I agree with Christian Bale for Luke Brandon.