Sunday, August 7, 2011

Children's Corner: Bill Martin's "Bear" Series

Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? Board BookPolar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? Big Book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Review: All of Bill Martin's books in the "Bear" series have been a big hit with both of my kids. I love the ease and the pace of the books. The colors are vibrant and rich. If I read one of them, I typically end up reading all of them that night. Each book has a different theme but most of them are about respecting the animals and their natural habitat.

I love that not only are my kids learning about the animals and the sounds they make or how they move, but they are learning about respect for animals. The drawing are so life-like that my daughter was scared of the red wolf for a while and made us skip that page.

These are definitely books that can grow with your child(ren). My daughter now takes the opportunity to read them to her brother or to read a long with me. He's getting the point, where he is mimicking me as well when I read them. It's cute to see them get caught up in the rhyming patterns of all the books. This obviously makes it much easier for them to read.

I bought the hardcovers in all the books so that I can keep them for my kids and so that they may read them to their kids.

If anyone is a fan of Eric Carle's Very Hungry Caterpillar, then you should definitely check these out since they are illustrated in the same manner.

I highly recommend adding these to your shelves if you don't have them already.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: