Friday, April 26, 2019

Julie's Review: The Wedding Date


Author: Jasmine Guillory
Series: None
Publication Date: January 30, 2018
Publisher: Berkley
Pages: 336
Obtained: library
Genre:  Romance
Rating: 5/5
Bottom Line: Good fun! 
Grab, Just get it at the library, or Remove from your TBR list? Grab
Summary: Agreeing to go to a wedding with a guy she gets stuck with in an elevator is something Alexa Monroe wouldn't normally do. But there's something about Drew Nichols that's too hard to resist. On the eve of his ex's wedding festivities, Drew is minus a plus one. Until a power outage strands him with the perfect candidate for a fake girlfriend... After Alexa and Drew have more fun than they ever thought possible, Drew has to fly back to Los Angeles and his job as a pediatric surgeon, and Alexa heads home to Berkeley, where she's the mayor's chief of staff. Too bad they can't stop thinking about the other... They're just two high-powered professionals on a collision course toward the long distance dating disaster of the century--or closing the gap between what they think they need and what they truly want... ~amazon.com

Review: I don't typically read romance but what I'm finding these days is Romance = Rom-Com. I do love my Rom-Com movies. What I love about these books is they make you feel happy. The remind you what it's like fall in love and be vulnerable. It can also make you roll your eyes because well it is Rom-Com.

When I picked up The Proposal I didn't realize it was a series and then I thought The Wedding Date but I was wrong.  So yea I read the first 2 out of order but it really doesn’t matter.  What is great about Ms. Guillory's writing is that you instantly get caught up in the story and in the characters. She doesn't play around with a lot of building up to the story but just jumps right in.

Since I did read The Proposal first I have a vague idea of Drew and Alexa but I didn't know their story. I enjoyed reading about how they met, denied their feelings for each other and eventually admitted they did in fact fall for one another. I really liked Alexa and her being vulnerable about how she looked but being with Drew gave her a confidence she didn't know she had.

Ms. Guillory doesn't write stereotypes and this is refreshing since she is writing about minorities. She doesn't pigeonhole her characters into something they don't need to be.

I'm extremely excited for the next book in the series, The Wedding Party, to come out on July 16th.

No comments: