Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sunday Skim


In the vain of trying something new here on the blog, I thought I might start with some Sunday posts summarizing what I've read, what I plan to start and upcoming books I'm looking forward to.

Week of  11/12/2018:


Finished:




At the heart of this novel lies a story about family, love and hope but then she throws in a murder and the mystery behind that murder that will have you guessing until the end. (3/5)


No one does David and Goliath legal stories like John Grisham and Gray Mountain hit all the high notes for me. It also made me cringe at time with how big coal treated their employees. (4/5)


Ms. Picoult always takes a controversial topic and adds humanity to it. She makes you think by not being preachy and she's not trying to change your mind. My favorite character was Dr. Ward and when you read the book I think you'll understand why. (4.5/5)


This is Ms. Oakley's first book and it's been on my shelf for a least 2 years. Daisy is dying of cancer at the young age of 29 and instead of letting her husband Jack into her life, she wastes her time trying to find a substitute for her for when she dies. I am actually surprised I didn't cry at this one but perhaps it is because all along you know she's not going to survive. (3.75/5) 

Currently Reading: 
 

Looking Forward To:



This was a solid week of reading for me; I finished 2 books and 2 audiobooks which is probably some kind of record for me. One of the audio books, Before I Go, I finished in 3 days. I have the week off of work (HORRAY) but it won't be restful with 2 kids. I'm hosting 3 sleepovers this week. I'm either a super nice mom or I've lost my mind. I do look forward to some downtime and some time with my family.

 I hope you had a great reading week as well. Happy Thanksgiving!





Share/BookmarkGoogle+

No comments: