Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sunday Skim

 

In the vain of trying something new here on the blog, I thought I might start with some Sunday posts summarizing what I've read, what I plan to start and upcoming books I'm looking forward to.

Weeks of  10/29/2018 and 11/5/2018:

Finished:

This is a fantastic novel that involves time travel but more than that is is a story family, love, hope and trust. This story and characters have stayed with me now for over a week. If you haven't read Ms. Chamberlain before, this is a good one to start with. I highly recommend. (5/5)







What does lack of sleep do to your psyche? Top that with the loss of a love one and the fact that your identity might not be yours; you are headed for a ride. (3/5)

For me the best part of this novel wasn't the love story between Gelhorn and Hemingway but her war reporting. She was a pioneer and one I did a bit more digging on via Google as I read and then after. (4/5)


Currently Reading: 

 


Looking Forward to:


























I missed last Sunday's update because we had a Bears party for our baseball family so I was prepping for that and didn't have time to post it. I'm on a great reading roll and hoping it continues. I'm off the week of Thanksgiving so I'm hoping to make a dent in my TBR pile.

Share/BookmarkGoogle+

No comments: