Sunday, November 3, 2013

Children's Corner: Press Here

 This week my daughter brought this home from the school library.  This is a highly imaginative book with a lot of possible interaction.  I was intrigued but a little skeptical...  I thought it was brilliant but would she?

Obviously, the reader is instructed to "press here", and once they do they begin to follow a simple chain of directions that seemingly change the quantity, appearance, and placement of the dot on the pages that follow.  Without the interaction, this book could fall flat.  However I watched in amazement as my almost six-year-old daughter read and followed the instructions and smiled with delight as the illustrations changed with each page turn.  Does she know that she's not really changing the pictures?  Yes ("Mommy, the illustrator did that!") but she still finds it whimsical and fun... and I do too.


  Share/BookmarkGoogle+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I flipped through this one at the bookstore I was skeptical too so it's nice to hear that your daughter really embraced it.