Sunday, January 22, 2012

Children's Corner: Lightning

Review: My 6 year old doesn't mind storms except for lightning. It freaks her out. Even if she's sound asleep, she'll wake up from it. So imagine my surprise when the other week she brought home a book about this subject. Lightning (Weather) is a great beginning book for kids who have an interest in or are afraid of certain weather systems.

For my 6 year old, the science was definitely a bit over her head but it did make her feel better to read how it is made. It even educated me a bit on lightning. The photography in the book added to the education. The colors were bright and showed how magnificent and beautiful lightning could be. It also definitely highlighted how dangerous it could be as well.

After reading it, I asked her if she felt better about lightning during storms and she said she did, but she still didn't really like it. She did mention that she'd like to read the other books in the series. I'll have to remind her of that before her next library visit.

If you are looking for a solid book about lightning for your child, then I definitely recommend this one.


 Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

This sounds like a good book. Do they have a doggie version? My dog is terrified of storms.
Ann