Thursday, March 13, 2008

Breaking Movie News: Deathly Hallows = Two Films


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be broken into two films (Story Here).

The international money machine that is the Harry Potter industry aside, I'm not sure how I feel about that... on one hand, it certainly has enough detail in it to be two movies, but I think Goblet of Fire did as well... and they've cut out so much detail out of the previous movies, how will they put it in now? I mean, they might actually have to go back and add some of the details that were skipped over in the other movies for everything to make sense.

Then there's the other small matter of where do you break it in half?

What do you think?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You know. I'm quite ok with it. We all know it's about prolonging the franchise and making as much money as possible. I like it though, because I feel that they are at least trying to do the last book justice. And really that's necessary.

I was trying to figure out where a good stopping point would be between the movies.

Jenn said...

At the moment I'm thinking just before Ron returns?

Julie said...

All that I know is that they'll get my money for both movies. They would have gotten it if it was 1 movie that was 5 hours long.

Maybe before they reveal Dumbledore's background?

Amy said...

Yes, I pretty much think it's a calculated move to get another 10.50 out of me. Oh well. They better make them fan-freaking-tastic!

Jessica said...

I just came across you blog and was surprised to see info regarding a definitive answer to the 1 vs. 2 part Deathly Hallows movie. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm gonna have to give some more thought.

First time reader to your blog. Feel free to check out my book blog.

Jenn said...

Welcome. Yes, I try to keep on top of all things Potter.

I think what will be difficult for me is that this means we will have to wait another year for the release of the last movie ~the two parts will open at theatres 6 months apart, but we'll have to wait until November of 2010 for the first installment!

To quote one of my all time favorite movies, "I hate waiting!" ;)