Friday, May 30, 2014

ArmchairBEA: Favorites

Today's an open topic day and it's my day for reflection.  We don't do that very often around here; we mainly review, but I did this last year and I found it rather cathartic.  I like to look back over the years at some of my favorite reads.  As you can see, I do have favorite genres.  Obviously YA is featured pretty heavily, as are crime novels, food-lit, and magical realism.  But there are some things that really don't fit any of my usual genres... and I love looking back and seeing that.



JennJustReading's Favorites

The Goodbye Witch
Exposure
The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
Perfect Scoundrels
Lost Lake
United We Spy
The Sea of Tranquility
The Last Dragonslayer
The Cuckoo's Calling
Code
The Shadow Tracer
Chosen at Nightfall
The Good the Bad and the Witchy
Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story
The Magician
Clockwork Princess
The Alchemyst
The Lost Art of Mixing


Jennifer's favorite books »
Share/BookmarkGoogle+

7 comments:

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) said...

That's a lot of good reading!

I hope you had a great week with Armchair BEA!

Library Educated said...

I loved Night Circus!

Anonymous said...

Hugo Cabret was awesome!

Ms. Yingling said...

Ally Carter! I'm so glad she has a new series coming out! You have a fairly wide range if books, as well. Food and murders, many books involving both, I imagine!

Anonymous said...

That would probably represent as many books as I get through in a year. Good range of genres in your collection

Anonymous said...

I recognize a few of those as favorites of my own! I'm reading A Discovery of Witches right now :)

Anonymous said...

I read a lot of books that don't fit neatly within a genre. This is a fun way to look back at them. Hope BEA was a wonderful experience for you.
-Flirting with Fiction