Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jenn's Review: 2nd Chance


Summary:

2nd Chance reconvenes the Women's Murder Club, four friends (a detective, a reporter, an assistant district attorney, and a medical examiner) who used their networking skills, feminine intuition, and professional wiles to solve a baffling series of murders in 1st to Die. This time, the murders of two African Americans, a little girl and an old woman, bear all the signs of a serial killer for Lindsay Boxer, newly promoted to lieutenant of San Francisco's homicide squad. But there's an odd detail she finds even more disturbing: both victims were related to city cops. A symbol glimpsed at both murder scenes leads to a racist hate group, but the taunting killer strikes again and again, leaving deliberate clues and eluding the police ever more cleverly. In the meantime, each of the women has a personal stake at risk--and the killer knows who they are. --Barrie Trinkle, Amazon.com


Review:
Okay, I read this one a few months ago too, but this one doesn't need a re-read. I find Patterson's WMC book plots a good solid, twisty read and this one delivers as promised. I liked delving deeper into the characters and the introduction of Lindsey's father. It was great to get a little insight into what makes Lindsey tick. It was one of those difficult to put down reads for me, even with a newborn.

4.7/5

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying the WMC series. I haven't read 7th Heaven yet but it's getting rave reviews from people who have read it.

Mari said...

I really like this series. I am reading 3rd Degree right now. actually, almost finished with it.
I got a late start on this series. i am really enjoying them.