Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Review Quickies

I've been reading/listening a lot lately but not taking the time to do full blown reviews because does anyone even read blogs anymore? It's always been my reading outlet so I'll continue it but might have to figure out new things to try.


I got this last year as a Book of the Month choice because I love sister stories and always love a bit of magic thrown in. I ended up listening to the audiobook and let me tell you I could not get enough. I loved how the 2 seemingly different plot lines came together. I loved the growth of both Joanna and Esther and how they showed up for each other. Also, that ending leaves me scouring the internet for the sequel publishing date. If you are into magical books, sisters and not knowing who is good or evil, you should pick this up. 





Assistant to the Villain was one of my favorite books in 2023 because it was so unexpected. It's a bit of romantasy and fairy tale blended together to make me laugh out loud. I absolutely couldn't wait for the sequel and I'm happy to say it was worth it. Evie is still clumsy and always saying something to The Villain that makes her blush. The Villain still doesn't know how to handle her or his growing feelings towards her. The cast of characters surrounding them make me laugh and who could have known a frog would be key to a story line. 




I have loved all of Sally's books that I've read in the past and I'm honestly not sure why I kept this on my TBR for so long but man was it good. Family relationships are complicated but I do think the MIL/DIL relationship might be the most fraught. It's not to say it can't be a good one but it needs to be worked at. It also depends on if they want a relationship which is what this book demonstrates. Three generations of Tobias women have to establish their relationships as it relates to the men in their lives. I loved the intergenerational issues that were discussed in the book. I also loved the ending as I felt each character grew and got the future they deserved. 


Share/Bookmark


No comments: