Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Review Quickies

Maybe I'll get to full reviews again; if not well then I need to re-think some things. For now, here's some thoughts on recent reads.

 
Yes, this is a book about romance but it is so much more. It is about the emotional weight women carry in all aspects of our lives. How we are responsible for the well being of everyone around us and expected to take care of ourselves. How have a partner who doesn't carry their weight makes it that much harder. I loved Ali. I loved her journey which included a lot of pain and grief. Ethan is just dreamy. Of course, he's got issues because who doesn't but he gives Ali the space to figure things out while supporting her. Ms. Monaghan has quickly become an auto-buy for me. 


Myron and Win are my favorite best friends in fiction. They are literally each others ride or die. Think Twice is the 12th adventure for these friends and this is quite the ride. Mr. Coben is quite the mastery of the twists and turns but he really outdid himself this time. He doesn't make me cry with his books, but boy was I sobbing with this one. If you are new to him, you might want to start with his stand-alone and then work your way through the Myron and Win books. 

This book almost broke me. I'm not sure why I haven't read Paige Toon before but I will definitely be rectifying that this year. How does young love grow into mature love, especially when you only see each a few weeks each summer? Liv and Finn fall in love over one summer but live thousands of miles away, how can they keep their relationship going? Each has dealt with loss and grief but how will they deal with their changing relationship? This book is complex in many ways which adds to the layers of the characters. 






Share/Bookmark

No comments: