Monday, May 20, 2019

Julie’s Review: The Southern Side of Paradise

Author: Kristy Woodson Harvey
Series: Peachtree Bluff #3
Publication Date: May 7, 2019
Publisher: Gallery
Pages: 400
Obtained: author
Genre:  Contemporary Fiction
Rating: 5/5
Bottom Line: A great ending to one of my favorite series;
Grab, Just get it at the library, or Remove from your TBR list? Grab
Summary: With the man of her dreams back in her life and all three of her daughters happy, Ansley Murphy should be content. But she can’t help but feel like it’s all a little too good to be true. Meanwhile, youngest daughter and actress Emerson, who is recently engaged and has just landed the role of a lifetime, seemingly has the world by the tail. Only, something she can’t quite put her finger on is worrying her—and it has nothing to do with her recent health scare. When two new women arrive in Peachtree Bluff—one who has the potential to wreck Ansley’s happiness and one who could tear Emerson’s world apart—everything is put in perspective. And after secrets that were never meant to be told come to light, the powerful bond between the Murphy sisters and their mother comes crumbling down, testing their devotion to each other and forcing them to evaluate the meaning of family. ~amazon.com 

Review: I devoured this book when I was on a work trip and my flight got delayed (shocker!). Not that I wouldn't have anyway but traveling allowed me some me time without a kid asking me 100 questions. I'm always sad to see a series end but I will miss this family something fierce. Each of the books in the series has focused on one of the Murphy sister's plus their mom, Ansley. This time it's Emerson's turn as the baby of the family. It's also about long buried secrets that have a way of coming to light when you aren't exactly prepared. 

Emerson is her own person and she's fighting to be independent while living up to her fiance's expectation of their roles in their upcoming marriage. She wants to continue her acting career more than anything but her fiance has a business to run in Georgia and well there aren't a lot of acting gigs in their neck of the woods these days. She believes that it will all work out on it's own. 

As she starts to look to herself and the life she wants to live, she starts to question if she's doing the right thing. As secrets long held by her mother start to come to light, she wonders where she really does fit in.  

I loved how Ms. Harvey finished up the series but kind of did leave the door open for possible future books. With the Murphy girls there's always some sort of drama going on but they always resolve it even if it takes awhile.

If you have never read this series, then you should start. They are the perfect summer read. 



Share/BookmarkGoogle+

3 comments:

Kristy Woodson Harvey said...

I cannot love this review enough! Thank you for loving and reading The Southern Side of Paradise!

https://speedypaper.com/discounts said...

Please keep sharing more such article. I've really like your blog and inspire me in many ways.

writepaperfor.me discount code said...

Thank you for this post. This is very interesting information for me.