Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Confessions of a Shopaholic on the "Big Screen"


Well, it's here, the official movie trailer for Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic .

The movie stars Isla Fisher as Becky Bloomwood and Hugh Dancy as Luke Brandon. I'm quite glad they decided on non-American actors for the leading roles (Except they're all speaking with American accents!) ~ the rest of the casting made me do a double take. Becky's parents are being played by Joan Cusack and John Goodman!!! Krysten Ritter is cast as Becky's faithful friend Suze (anyone else have trouble seeing her as anything but Gia from Veronica Mars or Lucy on Gilmore Girls???).

A little out there as casting goes? What do you think?

The movie is currently scheduled to release in February.

Personally, I prefer Kinsella's NON-shopaholic stuff, but I won't mind taking a gander at the film... maybe when it comes out on DVD.



Thoughts from Trashionista: http://www.trashionista.com/2008/12/more-anti-becky.html

4 comments:

Josette said...

I can't wait for this one. I really enjoyed the books!

Jenn said...

Does it bother you at all that it's been Americanized?

I don't know. That was one of the things I found charming about the series... I suppose it makes it more accessible for the movie going audience who hasn't read it...

Julie said...

I am a bit bothered that they aren't British. I think that what made it a bit more charming. And while Hugh Dancy isn't Christian Bale he's attractive enough to pull off Luke Brandon. I'll still see it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the books, but this looks like a fun "girls night out" movie. Thanks for the link!