Sunday, August 25, 2013

Children's Corner: The Dark

I adored reading Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, though I was supremely disappointed by the lack of ending, I came to love the writing for it's smart sense of humor.  When I saw The Dark, I knew it would be wonderful... and it is.

Laszlo is afraid of the dark, and he tries to conquer his fear by saying hello to the dark each day... and never going into the basement.  But one night, with his night light goes out, the dark in the basement calls out to Laszlo... and he bravely follows.  Not everything is what it seems... what the dark helps him find... is a light bulb.

I love the illustrations by Jon Klassen - his creative use of dark and light complete the story.  This is the perfect introduction to Lemony Snicket and I hope to be getting my daughter into some of his other works soon.  The Dark is a super cute story about facing your fears for kids and adults alike.


  Share/BookmarkGoogle+

2 comments:

yahanvideonet said...


Very good information. Lucky me I recently found your website by accident I have book marked it for later!
일본야동
Feel free to visit my blog : 일본야동

John Hardy said...

Your every blog is too good and amazing. Reading book is one my favorite hobby. Your blog is very helpful for me to select good book. Now it's time to avail shutters in london for more information.