Saturday, June 1, 2013

Armchair BEA: Keeping it Real

What exactly does "keeping it real" mean? The meaning lays in keeping. How do you not only grow an audience, but how do you keep them coming back for more? If you have been around for years, how do you keep your material fresh? How do you continue to keep blogging fun?

Alice:
On of the best ways we "keep it real" is with four different reviewers.  Our readers get four different points of view. That diversity is magical.  I love how we don't always agree but we always respect each others opinions.  The mutual respect is born from years of friendship. It also helps that we each like different genres.  There is a lot of variety on our blog and I'm happy to contribute to that.

On a personal level, one of the best parts about the blog is that it pushes me to read outside my comfort zone.  I have read so many novels in the last three years that before the blog, I wouldn't have thought to pick them up. I hope we motivated our readers to do the same thing.

Julie:
I love how we'll mix it up from year to year. Last year we did our GJR Book Club where we each picked 3 books to read together and review together. It was a great experience even if we didn't bring it back. I also like how each of us reads different genres for the most part. Sure we overlap at times but really we do have vastly different tastes in books.

I love blogging because I love to read. I love to share my thoughts on the books I read and hope that people like them. I also blog because it's easier for me to remember all the books I read. I have loved discovering other bloggers and getting recommendations from them. It's great to have our own community and to find others who's opinion your trust.  


Share/Bookmark

No comments: