Friday, December 31, 2010

Julie's List : Top Books of 2010

I can't believe it's almost the end of 2010 and I've been working like a dog. Since it's that time of year again, it's yet again time for our Top 10 Lists. I'm on my 55th book for the year as I'm doing this list, so I guess it could be edited if the books I read between now and 12/31 deserve being on the list.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
: One of the most moving books I have read in a very long time. Such a wonderful portrayal of the relationships between the black and white communities in a small town. Review

The Tale of Halycon Crane by Wendy Webb
: A wonderful spooky tale. One of my favorite books of the year. Review

This Must Be The Place by Kate Racculia: A great character driven debut novel. This author is someone I will be looking for in the future. Review

The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees
: For fans of Little Women, this is the book that sheds some fictional light on the author. Review

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
: A book about finding out who you are in the midst of unraveling a mystery. An outstanding historical fiction novel. Review

Caught by Harlan Coben: An outstanding psychological thriller, that keeps you guessing until the very end. Review

The Girl Who Chased The Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
: I always look forward to Ms. Addison-Allen's books and this one was just wonderful. She never disappoints. Review

Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
: I devoured this book the minute I got it. It made me laugh and cry. Review

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larssen
: Review

First Family by David Baldacci: I just loved this book for reasons why I love all Baldacci books: You just never know where the story will end up. Review

I have to say 2010 has been an excellent book year for me. Sure there were books that I read that were disappointing but that's normal. I really can't do a bottom of the pile list since there aren't any books that really sucked.

I already have some great reads ready for 2011 and 2010 isn't even over!

Here's wishing you a wonderful 2011.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Julie P said...

Very nice list! Several of these are on my TBR shelf....