Monday, March 2, 2009

My NEW Rating System

Looking back over the history of our blog, I find that I'm a little soft when it comes to ratings. As I was having a dilema rating our next group book, I came to the decision that my ratings system needs further definition:
  1. 1 - I intensely disliked the book


  2. 2 - I disliked the book, and I won't read the author again


  3. 3 - It was ok. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it. I might give the author another chance.


  4. 4 - I liked it.


  5. 5 - LOVED it!!!

This gives me better structure for rating and still gives me wiggle room... in decimals.

4 comments:

Meg89 said...

I have a hard time rating books--so I don't, at least not really. I label it either "recommended" or "not recommended" which can be harsh, but in the end, I think a book is either worth reading, or it's not.

Jenn said...

Yeah, I decided to let Blockbuster's rating system be my guide. It seemed pretty straightforward and I liked rating my rentals that way, so I remixed it. :)

Julie said...

I like rating my books because I find that it does help me vet out what I want to give out for others to read. Plus those that I have lent books to find my rating system helpful. They must also give it a rating when they give it back.

Serena said...

I haven't found a ratings scale yet, but I will tell you what I like and what I don't.