Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA Introductions

Design by Amber of Shelf Notes
Girls Just Reading is a shared blog by four book lovers, Lisa (our founder), Julie, Alice, and me, Jenn.  Oddly enough we're all internet friends. We met on a fan site for one of our favorite TV shows of all times, ALIAS. We kept in touch when the show closed and ended up here.  

Sharing a blog helps keep things flowing around here. None of us has time to run a blog on her own, but together we maintain an active blog.  Each of us read different genres and we also split the responsibilities of blog maintenance.   I think it's a formula that works well as we've been on the blogging scene for seven years now. 

If you've participated in Armchair BEA before, you've probably visited our blog before, so I thought I'd select a few of the more unusual questions to answer this time around.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why? 

I would totally cheat and bring my Nook. To this day it floors me that I can carry over 600 books around with me in my purse. 

But if I had to pick three, it would be novels by Sarah Addison Allen, Heather Blake, Cassandra Clare, Meg Gardiner, and Ally Carter. They are all authors whose work I cannot do without. Ok, that's five authors and I can't even narrow it down to which of their books I pick, so can I please just bring my Nook?

As for non-literary items, it'd have to be my daughter, hubby...and coffee.  Girls gotta have her priorities. 

What book would you love to see as a movie?

I think Ally Carter's Heist Society would be fabulous on the big screen, as long as they could do it justice.  I love a good con, and Ally Carter writes amazing ones. Plus, it'd be refreshing change to the current dystopian trend in teen movies. 


We won't be able to post every day this week, but we love Armchair BEA and we're glad you stopped by and we hope you visit us again soon. 



Don't forget to visit the other blogs participating in Armchair BEA this week


Sandy Farmer May 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM  

Haha...this sounds like me. I can't stick to any given number. Define your blog in one sentence was never going to work for me. :) HA! It doesn't matter what the given number is, I can't stick to it.

Intro & Lit
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books! May 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM  

Hahaha I definitely agree with you about bringing the ereader with you to the deserted island. I'd bring my Kindle so I'd be endlessly entertained. Who needs 3 books when you can have 300?

I've always been interested in the Heist Society series. Guess I'll have to raise that one on my massive TBR list :)

Great post and nice to meet you! Hope you continue to have fun this week!

All the best ♥︎
Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

Danielle May 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM  

Wow, this is the first multiblogger site I've seen from the BEA participants. We're a multiblogger site too; I think they're great because they offer constant updates and fresh opinions. Are your other ladies attending Armchair BEA?

Kristina May 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM  

Think Heist Society would be a great tv show.

Kristen May 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM  

You're the second blog I've visited today that suggest Heist Society as a movie - I would totally love that!

Also, I love the show Alias - I've been meaning to rewatch it (maybe this summer) as it's awesome.

To play devil's advocate - how would you charge your Nook on a deserted island?

Jenn Just Reading May 26, 2014 at 6:41 PM  

It will be just me doing the blogging part of Armchair BEA this week. I didn't do much reading last year so I'm picking up my slack so to speak. That's the nice thing about sharing a blog, we can help each other out.

As for the deserted island power problem, hubby and I would make a solar powered generator. Obviously. LOL

ahz1 May 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM  

Alias was one of my favorite shows. That's so cool that you all met based on your love for that show.


Holly Schindler May 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM  

Visiting your blog via ABEA; my YA mystery / thriller, FERAL, will release in August with HarperTeen.

Cici May 27, 2014 at 10:47 AM  

I'd have to cheat and bring my Nook as well! I hope you all have a great time during ABEA14! :)

fredamans May 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM  

Nice to meet you, if we haven't already previously...

Stephanie May 28, 2014 at 1:08 PM  

I love having co-bloggers. We just recently combined efforts and now are a team of three.
-Flirting with Fiction

Amber Lovell Boone May 29, 2014 at 10:52 PM  

This is my first time visiting your blog! Nice to tweet you.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP